Tuesday, July 20, 2010

AMC's Mad Men & The Interactive Medium

For the upcoming premiere of Mad Men Season 4, AMC launched a fun and engaging new site feature that allows users to interview for a job at newly formed Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Pryce. The interview is conducted by various SCDP employees and depending on your answers will match you with your appropriate position. I've tried a few different answer sets, and so far I've been hired as an Account Executive, Secretary, Copywriter and Media Buyer. Oh, and one time my services were not required. I'm desperately trying to figure out how to be hired as Draper or Sterling. My only slight peeve with the Job Interviewer is that I kind of expected getting hired at SCDP to be harder and more exclusive. I know SCDP is just starting up and they need bodies, but as a loyal Mad Men watcher from the very beginning, I expect getting a job there to be a little tougher and involve more hurdles and gruff.

Also, if you can remember back to last season's Mad Men premiere, the innovative folks over at AMC and Sterling, Cooper and Draper had the interwebz all a buzz and advertising community hearting the show with their "Mad Men Yourself" avatar creator. The site is still up and running, and in prep for Season 4 has been updated with new backgrounds, clothing and accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment