Thursday, October 28, 2010

I love Candy Corn

I'm not a huge candy person, but damn I love candy corn season. However, I'm EXTREMELY particular about the candy corn. Has to be tri-color corn, preferably Brach's, which is made with corn syrup but not HFC. It even still has actual honey in it. I definitely don't like the "Indian Corn" or other variations on the candy corn experience.



Thanks to the Web, I've also discovered that others share my love of the candy corn, including a NASA astronaut. Here's a few fabulous Candy Corn resources, including one on how to make your own (which I may have to try!)




I'm a believer in seasonal eating, and candy corn is no exception. It is permissable to eat candy corn from mid-October through Thanksgiving. That's it! It's not special if you eat it all year.

1 comment:

  1. I am a firm believer that the year should be divied into three seasons- candy corn season, cadbury egg season, and sad

    ReplyDelete