What it is: Google's answer to the Facebook "like" button, which will also be integrated into search results and search ads. Currently it is opt-in only, via http://www.google.com/experimental/index.html
Why you care: Anything Google does has the potential to be a game changer. In particular the integration of +1 into search, could have a dramatic impact on search behavior. Right now Google says +1 won't be a factor in actual rankings, but that could and probably will change. It will impact search ad (PPC) quality scores, which means changes for people buying ads on Google.
Google +1 Resources from Google:
- Google +1 Overview
- The Official Google Blog Entry on +1
- Adwords adn the +1 button
- Google Ad Innovations - +1 button
- Opt-in for Google +1
Google + 1 Resources by Others:
- Everything You Need To Know About Google’s +1
- Google’s Answer to the Facebook “Like” Button: The “+1”
- Ad Industry Execs: Google’s +1 Could Hold Us More Accountable
- Fast Company:
- Search Engine Land
- PC Mag
Any other great resources I need to add?