Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Intern Experience: Introductions

Hey readers! My name is David BenBassett and in the next few weeks, I’ll be writing a few posts about my experience as an RTCRM intern. My tale is an interesting one, filled with quests for insight, glory, digital wizards with vast wisdom, and a few lolCats. But more on that later! The purpose of this post is to introduce myself to you all and give you a little background before we jump in to all my experiences here at the agency.

To begin, I am a University of Maryland rising senior studying marketing and international business. I’ve always had interest in advertising; following in the footsteps of my mother who used to bring me around to her agency. Agencies tend to be more relaxed, very creative, fun and innovative, and I like that setting as opposed to one where I crunch numbers all day long in a tie. Advertising also gives you the chance to study people, their behavior, and how they think and then turn those findings into some really unique concepts. Anyway, that is what I was looking for and I definitely found it at RTC.

The end of this summer will conclude my second stint with RTCRM’s Digital Integration and Innovation department (Dii for short). I started as an intern and then came back as an intern with an hourly wage and a fancy title. I couldn’t have better things to say about my time here, and I’m not just saying that because I want them to hire me. I’ve learned a lot and grown while I was here; I’ve done real work and gained skills that will be invaluable to my future career; I’ve built a strong digital profile and made connections that I can leverage in the job market; most importantly though, I’ve made close friends that have helped me accomplish all of this, and I can’t thank them enough.

These are the kinds of things you get with an internship at RTCRM and if you keep reading these posts, you’ll hear the specifics (good and bad), get an idea for how the agency works, and I’ll even give all of you potential interns some advice to make the most out of your time here.

Stay tuned. If you have any questions leave them in the comments or find me on Twitter or LinkedIn.

No comments:

Post a Comment